PROGRAM GOAL: This program is designed for first-generation and/or low-income students who are either coming to college for the first time or who are already enrolled at SRJC and need a pathway to successful associate degree completion and/or college transfer in three years or less.
What is our house learning community?
The Our House Learning Community provides extra support and a family-like structure to help students make the most of their early years in college. You form bonds with your student cohort, linked faculty and mentors, and participate in special outings and cultural events in Our House Intercultural Center.
WHY CHOOSE Our-House Learning community?
- Helps you become a successful student who graduates in three years or less
- Provides you with faculty and staff who will help you develop an educational plan and work closely with you every step of the way
- Provides support and enriching cultural experiences in Our House Intercultural Center.
- Provides career exploration so that you can decide on a major or a viable career
- Eligible for ENGLISH 1A by the start of the fall semester
- First generation (i.e. the first in your family to go to college) OR
- Low income (e.g. you qualify for the California College Promise Grant, formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver)
- Full-time student (enrolled in 12 units per semester)
GATHERINGS AND EVENTS*
(Required for all Learning Community students)
*All gatherings occur at Our House, Jacobs Hall Rm. 116, unless otherwise noted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Call our office at 707-778-2470
- Email us: email@example.com